I started making besan ladoos for Diwali. Thanks to my neighbor N, who taught me to make this 🙂
- Chickpea flour/Gram flour/Besan – 1 cup
- Cashew nuts/Almonds – 12 to 15 crushed or coarsely ground
- Ghee – 1/4 cup
- Green cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- Powdered sugar – 1/2 cup
You have to
- Heat a pan or kadai in a medium flame
- Add the gram flour to pan and dry roast with a wooden spoon
- Mean time you can melt ghee if it is not in the liquid state
- Make sure to stir continuously till the besan is well heated and the raw smell disappears
- Now add the melted ghee to the pan and mix.
- Reduce the flame and cook till it is done.
- It will form clumps, break it will backside of the wooden spoon and keep stirring
- This normally takes about fifteen to twenty minutes. The ghee will ooze out
- Add cardamom powder, coarsely grounded cashewnuts/almonds.
- Stir to blend all flavors and nuts well
- Remove from flame
- Transfer the mix to a flat steel plate.
- Let it cool a bit for a while. (It will be very warm that you will be able to touch it)
- Immediately add the powdered sugar and mix well. Now the mix will be warm.
- The mix shouldn’t be very hot that the sugar melts down.
- After adding the sugar, it will be warm enough so that you can mix with hands.
- Mix well and shape into small gooseberry sized round ladoos .
- This can be stored in an airtight container when completely cooled down.