Button Mushroom – 12 nos
Onion finely chopped – 1 medium
Garlic crushed – 1 tsp
Ginger crushed – 1 tsp
Green chili chopped – 1 or 2
Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
Chili powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil – 1 tbsp + for frying
Potato boiled, peeled and mashed – 1 medium (1 cup)
Egg white of 1 big egg or use 1 egg
Plain bread crumbs as needed (approx 1/2 cup)
You have to,
1. Boil 4 cups of water add mushrooms .
2. Cook it for 2-3 min. drain water in a strainer.
3. Extra water can be absorbed using a kitchen towel.
4. finely chop or minse it in a food processor.
5. Heat oil in a pan and add ginger and garlic. Saute for 2 min
4. Now add chopped onions and fry till translucent.
7. Add minsed mushroom and saute till the water is absorbed.
8. Add in red chilli powder and garam masala , salt to taste
9. Add the mashed potatos and remove the pan from the flame.
10. Once it is cool, make small balls and gently press in the middle of each ball to form a thick circle. If the sides appear cracked, pat and seal them.(You can make approx 10 cutlets)
11. Beat egg. Dip each patties in the egg and roll it in bread crumbs.
12. Deep/shallow fry the patties till it is golden brown and done.
13. Drain on kitchen towels
14. Serve hot or warm with tomato sauce