“It doesn’t matter what you eat between Christmas and New Year, what matters is what you eat between New Year and Christmas”
So Eat good food… Live life to the fullest.
Sharing a good food recipe which I prepared for my Christmas Dinner..
Whole hazelnuts – 1/4 cup
Big broccoli’s florets – 1 no. (weighing around 1 kg)
Coconut or olive or Refined oil – 3 tablespoon
Garlic cloves – 3 nos , finely chopped
Freshly squeezed lemon juice – 1 tbsp
Salt and pepper – as you desire
You have to,
- Heat a pan in medium flame
- Add the hazelnuts and dry roast tossing them occasionally.
- Once it is fragrant, aprrox 10 minutes remove from flame.
- Allow to cool down a bit. At this stage I wore gloves and rubbed hazlenuts to remove the skin. Discard the skin.
- Chop roughly and keep aside.
- Steam the Broccoli for 5 minutes till tender (I fill large saucepan with water (2 cups) and keep steel colander on top of it. Once the water boils place the broccoli florets on the colander and close with a lid. Steam till tender)
- Transfer the brocoli to serving platter.
- Heat a small sauce pan in medium flame.
- Add oil followed by garlic. Allow to sizzle till it turns light brown.
- Transfer the oil to a small bowl and add in the hazelnuts, lemon juice, pinch of salt and pepper.
- Whisk well
- Before serving drizzle this over broccoli florets. Toss if required. Serve warm or in room temperature
The notable comment I received from one of our guest is, “….it doesn’t taste like broccoli.”
Recipe source : realsimple.com
Leave a Reply