Extremely aromatic, creamy, bit spicy and tasty green curry.. I prepared this for a recent gathering for which the cuisine I chose was Thai. And this became one of the crowd pleaser.
As I dint get the complete ingredients for the green curry paste, I decided to buy a ready to use paste to prepare this curry..
- Refined oil – 1.5 tbsp
- Ready to use green curry paste – 2.5 tablespoon
- Prawns cleaned, veined – 250 gm
- Coconut milk – 1/2 cup
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Lime leaves – 3 nos
- Fresh Red chilies – 2 nos. slit into 4 pieces (Remove seeds of 1 chili completely and discard it. )
- fish sauce – 1 tbsp
- Brown sugar – 1 tbsp
- Thai Basil leaves – 10 leaves
You have to,
- Wash, clean and place the lime leaves on your wooden cutting board. Using a hammer, hit the leaves covering all sides (You could do the same in a motor pestle. No need to tear the leaves. This will help to release the flavor of lime leaves. Keep aside
- Heat a sauce pan in medium flame
- Add oil followed by green curry paste
- Saute the green curry paste for couple of minutes till it turn aromatic.
- Add the prawns and stir to coat well
- Add the coconut milk and water and bring it to a boil.
- Add lime leaves, and red chilies.
- Allow to simmer till the prawns is cooked. Approx 10 minutes.
- Finish of by adding the fish sauce and sugar.
- Give a stir and remove the pan from flame.
- Tear and sprinkle basil leaves on top of the curry. Stir to combine.
- Serve with white rice (preferably jasmine rice which is cooked in coconut milk)
Recipe inspiration : Rasa Malaysia
Leave a Reply