But recently when i was browsing i saw a gorgeous jelly. Generally I don’t like jelly. But what caught my interest was the chia seeds in it. The perfect jelly was standing so perfect on the serving tray.
I was more interested for the jam consistency of it….
For the jelly you need
- Pumpkin – 450g
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Black chia seeds – 1 tbsp
- Water – 1.5 cups of water
- Gelatin – 1 sheet/sachet
- Honey – 1/2 cup
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
You have to
- Wash the outer skin of pumpkin and seed (450 gms would be just a big wedge)
- Steam pumpkin with skin for 15-20 minutes
- Allow to cool down a bit ad remove the flesh of it and discard the skin
- In a hand blender the pumpkin with 1/2 cup of water to a smooth paste
- Place 1 cold water in a small bowl and sprinkle with gelatin
- Mix with a fork. Keep aside for 5 minutes or until it blooms.
- Gently heat the bowl till it melts..Never boil
- Keep aside and cool slightly
- Now quickly heat 1/2 cup of water, chia seeds, lemon juice and honey whisk well for a minute
- Pour pumpkin puree into honey liquid and keep stirring for another 2 minutes and turn off heat.
- Add the warm gelatin mix now and whisk continuously for a while
- Pour the mixture into mold and chill for couple of hours before serving.
- You could serve in individual bowl or ramekins.. Else just serve along with ice cream
Recipe source : here 🙂