There are several methods of making egg curry.We can add spices according to our palate. Egg curry is one of the favorite recipe at home and I end up making egg curries several times a month. As the boiled egg goes in, no regrets. It becomes a healthy option. This is an easy recipe and you can make in a jiffy.
- Eggs hard boiled – 2 nos shelled
- Coconut Oil – 2 tbsp (You can replace it with refined oil. But coconut oil adds more flavor)
- Mustard Seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Dry Red chili flakes – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 strip
- Cardamom – 1
- Cloves – 1
- Onions – 2 medium skinned and sliced thinly
- Ginger – 1 tbsp chopped finely
- Coriander powder – 2 teaspoon
- Turmeric – 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Coconut milk paste – make a paste of 3 tbsp coconut milk powder and 3/4 cup hot water.
- Pepper crushed/powder – 1 teaspoon
You have to
- Heat oil in medium flame in a pan
- Add cinnamon, cardamom seeds, cloves followed by mustard seeds
- Once the mustard seeds pops up, add ginger followed by onion and curry leaves
- Fry till it turns translucent
- Now coriander powder, salt and saute well till the raw smell disappears.
- Add the pepper powder and the coconut milk paste to the pan , mix well. Once it bubbles
- Add eggs and remove the pan from fire.
- Serve with chappathi / Kerala Paratha / Idiyappam / Aappam