I love cherries. Why shouldn’t I? It is packed with vitamins, minerals and anti oxidants. Summer is the season for the stone fruits. You could get to see plums and cherries in most of the super markets.
- Butter – 1 tablespoon + extra for coating the baking dish
- Pitted cherries – 2 cups
- Sugar – 1 tablespoon
- Vanilla essence 1 tsp or Vanilla beans of 1 stick
- Cinnamon powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Wheat flour – 1 tablespoon
- Oats – 2 tablespoons
- Almonds sliced – 2 tablespoons
- Butter a 9-inch-rectangle baking dish.
- Mix the cherries in a large bowl with 1/2 tbsp sugar, vanilla, cinnamon powder and 1/2 tablespoon flour.
- Transfer this to the prepared baking dish.
- Mix the remaining flour, oats, almonds, butter and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Mix till the butter is combined well
- Spread the mixture over the cherries.
- Bake until the filling is bubbling (You could see it cherry sauce bubbling)
- Once the topping become golden brown, remove from over.(Keep checking after 30 minutes. The whole process shouldn’t take more than 40 minutes. But Oven to oven the temperature varies)
- Allow to cool slightly. Scoop and serve.
Scoop of vanilla ice cream along with this can make this more yummm…