I love food. So when it comes to gathering I would like make so many special items (sometimes higher calorie ). Have you ever faced this situation? During all party we end up eating more and regret later thinking about those calories. When I thought of having a gathering, I decided to have lower calorie recipes in the menu. I was going through the Good Food India Magazine and found the recipe of Chicken Satay. And was so happy to include this in the menu. It is a very easy recipe. And all the ingredients are available at home.
So the menu I planned was Watermelon Cucumber Cooler, Dahi wada, Chicken satay and Super easy egg-less honey Tiramisu (Will post this recipe soon) . I believe it is a balanced menu.
For Satay you need ,
- Boneless Chicken Breast – 800 gm, cut into strips
- Yogurt – 1 cup
- Soya sauce – 2 tbsp
- honey – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin powder – 1 teaspoon (use freshly crushed)
- coriander powder – 2 tbsp
- Ginger finely chopped – 1 teaspoon
- Garlic crushed and finely chopped – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp + approx 2 tbsp for grilling
- Bamboo skewers – 12 nos
- Peanut butter – 1/4 cup
- Butter – 1/4 cup (approx 50 gm) I skipped adding this
- Hot water – 1/4 cup
- coconut milk – 1/4 cup
- lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- light brown sugar – 1 tbsp (You can use molasses or jaggery.)
You have to
- Lightly whisk yogurt, soya sauce, honey, turmeric powder, cumin powder , coriander powder, ginger, garlic, salt and oil in a large bowl.
- Add in the chicken strips and marinate.
- Leave aside covered in a chiller for approx 2 hours
- Mean time soak 12 bamboo skewers in water.
- Skewer the chicken strips
- Heat the grill pan in medium flame
- Brush some oil on the pan
- Place the skewers and cook both sides for 4-5 min.
- Remove from pan and repeat the same with rest of the batch
- Mean time mix all the ingredients of peanut sauce in a pan and bring to boil.
- Switch the flame off and keep the sauce warm
- Serve the satay hot with peanut sauce.
I just love this pic
Notes: To add a dash of spiciness to the satay serve them with red chili flakes. But not advisable for kids.
Verdict. Each and everybody liked it. Kids loved it. Kids favorite was Watermelon Cucumber Cooler , Chicken satay and Tiramisu.
chicken satay looks yummy & delicious 🙂
Am definitely going to try this!!