Bitter gourd – 2
Rice powder – 2 tbsp
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric – 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste.
Oil to fry
You have to,
1. Remove the head and tail and wash the whole bitter gourds
2. Thinly slice the bitter gourd.
3. Sprinkle salt and toss to evenly spread
4. Now transfer this to a colander and keep over another vessel, Leave for 10 minutes. Basically the juice will ooze out and drip in the vessel. If you are a die hard fan you can drink that fresh bittery salty juice.
5. Add the redchilli powder, turmeric and rice powder to the slices. Mix well
6. No need to add water, the moist over the slices are enough to coat them
7. Heat oil in kadai and when it is hot, add the slices.
8. Cook in medium flame flipping in between till it turn golden in color.
9. Drain. Repeat the rest in batches.
A crisp, evenly fried bitter gourd are ready with a mild bitterness. SK was very happy, even me…