Semolina – 1 cup (try to pick the smaller grain)
Water – 1.5 cups
Oil – 1 tsp + for dabbing
Salt to taste
Rice powder for dusting
You have to,
1. Boil water, 1 tsp oil, salt in a pan in medium flame.
2. When it starts boiling add semolina .
3. Add the semolina little by little and stir it. by then the water will be absorbed by the semolina.
4. Remove from fire. Close and keep it for 5-10 minutes.
5. When the dough is warm enough to touch, kneed this mix to form a soft dough.
6. Now make small small balls (marble shaped or lemon sized)
7. Dust the dough with rice flour and flatten the semolina dough in a wooden board using rolling pin
8. Heat a non stick pan & cook the flattened roti till both sides are done ( 10-15 seconds per side)
9. Make sure to cook on a medium flame on both sides.
10. Serve with baigan bartha or veg curry or any non veg curry
Aruna Manikandan says
looks delicious 🙂