A healthy breakfast smoothie!
- Ripe Bananas – 2 large
- Dates – 15 seeded
- Low-fat/skimmed/full fat milk – 1.5 cup really chill
- Oats – 3 tbsp
- Water – 1 cup
- salt a tiny pinch
- Heat water in a pan and add salt
- Add the oats and cook for approx 3 minutes.(You could prepare this overnight and leave in fridge. Else use a left over oats porridge)
- Remove from fire and allow to cool down
- Put the oats mixture and dates in a blender container
- Blend with blender wand until smooth.
- Add bananas to it and blend. Add milk and repeat the process.
- Transfer it to two tall glasses. Serve immediately or chilled
I don’t prefer adding ice cubes. If you want it really chilled one, instead of the mentioned, you could use frozen ripe banana slices as well.
Spice up the Curry says
smoothie recipe sounds delicious.. you have managed nice blog