1. Green gram dal/ Split moong dal (cherupayar) – 1/2 cup
2. turmeric-1/2 tsp
3. Red spinach leaves – 2 cup washed cleaned and chopped.
4. coconut oil
5. mustard seeds
6. dry red chilli
7. ghee -1 tbsp (optional)
8. curry leaves
9. shallots – 4 nos sliced thinly
10. Asafoetida – 1 pinch
1. Grated coconut -2 cups
2. jeera -1/2 tsp
3. green chilli – 2 nos
4. shallots – 4 nos
5. curry leaves.
You have to
1. Wash cherupayar (moong dal) several times.
2. Soak it overnight of at least 4 hours.
3. Pressure cook cherupayar (moong dal) with turmeric, asafoetida and salt.
4. Once the pressure is done, remove the lid and add the chopped spinach leaves
5. Cook for 5 minutes in medium flame
2. Add the ground masala and cook for another 2-3 min well.
3. Splutter mustard seeds, broken dry red chilli and curry leaves in oil and add to the dal mixture.
4. Add ghee. It is optional
5. Serve with rice
Note: Instead of Red spinach you could use the green ones as well 🙂
a recipe with red spinach…very nice..will surely try…yours looking delicious..love it with a dollop of ghee and hot rice…
ah!! am feeling hungry now 🙂
I have never tried Red Spinach. will try for this very soon ..
Happy to follow u 🙂