Chicken à la King is a recipe consisting of diced chicken in a cream sauce, and often with sherry, mushrooms, and vegetables, served over bread or pasta
Button Mushroom – 1.5 cup cleaned and quartered
Boneless chicken cubes – 1.5 cup
Onion – 1 medium chopped
Garlic – 1 clove chopped
Chicken stock – 1 cup ( I boiled 1/2 portion of chicken cube in 1 cup water)
All purpose flour – 1 tbsp
Oil – 2 tsp (Actual recipe uses butter)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Corriander leaves – 1 tbsp
You have to,
1. Heat oil in a pan in medium flame.
2. Add onions ans garlic and saute till onions are translucent
3. Add chicken cubes and garlic and saute well till it is cooked.(or you can close the pan with a lid and cook)
4. Now mix the flour in 1/2 cup stock and form a paste. Add this back to remaining stock.
5. Add salt and pepper to the pan. saute.
6. Add in stock and stir continuously till the stocke thickens.
7. Add in chopped corriander leaves.
It is ready. Serve with rice or pasta 🙂
1. Actual recipe uses these addons 1/2 Green pepper and 1 cup Milk
2. Make the vegetarian version use double the volume of mushroom and include 1 capsicum for the above recipe.
Leave a Reply