There was a small bakery near my first PG in Bangalore. We(mic n me) used to eat egg puff from there once in a while. It is so crisp and so tasty. They used give it in a small newspaper square and the puffs will be cut into 2 pieces. After leaving Bangalore, I guess I dint have egg puff. Few days back I made chicken roast puffs. Now i thought of making egg puffs for my friends who came home. It is simple(if you have puff pastry at home) and ofcourse tasty.
Refined oil – 1/2 tbsp
Onions – 1 medium sliced
Saunf /fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp crused (Mummy’s tip)
Garlic – 1 small cloved crused
Egg – 2 nos Hard Boiled Shelled and sliced vertically into 2 pieces
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric – a pinch
Salt to taste
Frozen Pastry sheets – 2 or 4 small sheets
You have to,
1. Thaw the frozen puff pastry sheets. Pre-heat oven to 160 deg cel.
2. Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add sliced onion and fry till translucent
3. Add garlic and fennel seeds
4. Add red chill powder and turmeric powder and salt to taste.
5. Saute well till the raw smell leaves
6. Add the sliced egg with the inner side facing top.
7. spoon in the masala on each egg slices.
8. Leave it like this for 2-3 minutes.
9. Remove from fire.
10. Take a pastry sheet spoon in 1 egg slice with masala
11. Cover as desired
12. Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
that looks yummm…m drooling here…
🙂 …. thanks thanks