Sunflower oil – 200ml + extra for greasing
Whole almonds – 1 and 1/4 cup grounded
Granulated Sugar – 1/2 cup (ground it)
Baking powder – 1.5 tsp
Eggs – 4
Honey – 1 tbsp
lemon – 1/2
orange – 1 big
For the syrup:
Juice of the zested lemon and oranges mentioned above
Sugar – 1/4 cup
Cloves – 3
Cinnamon powder – 1 tsp
You have to,
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Grease a 10cm or 15 cm cake tin with oil.
3. Then line the cake tin with a baking sheet or butter paper.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine the ground almonds, caster sugar and baking powder, mixing together well. Break in the eggs and add the oil, mixing gently together.
5. Using a fine grater, grate the zest from the lemon and oranges into the mixture, then mix together.
6. Pour the cake mixture into the prepared tin, and bake in the preheated oven for 40 min to an hour. (Cover the top with a piece of foil after about 20 minutes)
7. Make the syrup. Squeeze the juice from the zested lemon and oranges into a small pan.
8. Add in sugar and spices, and mix together well.
9. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat. Simmer for another 3 minutes.
10. Once the cake has been removed from the oven, pierce on top several times with a skewer or sharp knife.
11. Spoon the syrup over the cake, allowing it to soak in.
12. Slice and serve the soft and moist cake.
Note: After 40 min you could poke in the middle of the cake with a skewer. If the skewer comes out dry, the cake is ready. Remove immediately from the oven
first time here…love ur space..
very interesting recipe collection..
cake sounds very tempting n appetizing..
Am your happy follower now..:)
do stop by mine sometime..
Luv'n Spoonfuls says
Oh my goodness! This sounds so good…I can't believe there isn't any flour in there, but I guess the nut flour takes its place. I am definitely bookmarking this one…can't wait to give this a try as I am such a citrus fiend and love the idea of using nuts instead of flour.
thank u thank u 🙂