But one thing is there..till today I wasn’t able to prepare upma which is near to their dish. But I still keep trying.
I am sharing the actual recipe which I do always. This time i dint have all vegetables at home. Still I clicked the snaps and thought of sharing 🙂
- Semolina / Rava / Sooji – 2 cup
- Onion – 1 big finely chopped
- Frozen green peas – 1/4 cup
- Vegetables – 1 cup chopped (carrots, beans) boiled and strained
- Green chilies – 2 finely chopped
- Ginger – 1 tbsp grated
- Curry leaves of 2 string
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Cashew nuts – 5 to slit and roasted
- Coriander leaves – 1/4 cup finely chopped
- Oil – 1 tbsp (or less)
- Fresh Coconut grated – 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Water – 2.5 cup
- Dry roast the rava in a non-stick pan until it turns a light brown and aroma comes.
- Transfer to a bowl when done and set aside to cool.
- Heat oil in the same pan in a medium flame and add the urad dal
- Once it start changing the color add mustard seeds and allow to pop up. Add curry leaves.
- Add the onions, green chilies and ginger. Fry for 4-5 mins until the onions turns translucent.
- Now add the frozen peas and vegetables. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add water. Add salt and allow to boil.
- Lower flame and now add the roasted rava little at a time.
- Keep stirring constantly.
- Close the pan with a lid and continue to cook for another 5 mins.
- Open the lid. Add coconut, chopped coriander leaves and roasted cashew nuts and mix well.
- Remove and serve hot with pickle or chutney.