- Basmati rice 1 cup
- Cumin seeds 2 tsp
- Refined oil – 1 tbsp
- Bay leaf -1
- cardamom – 2
- Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
- Salt to taste
You have to,
1. Wash rice and soak in water for half an hour and Drain.
2. Heat oil in a deep pan.
3. Add cumin seeds, bay leaf, cardamom and cinnamon.
4. When cumin seeds crackle, add the rice and salt to taste.
5. Stir till oil rice glossy.
6. Add water and bring to a boil.
7. Reduce the heat to minimum and cover the pan with a lid.
8. Cook till rice is done and serve hot with dal makhani or rajma curry.
1. Oil can be replaced with ghee.
2. At step 4 after the cumin seeds crackle you could add 1/4 cup sliced onions.
Leave a Reply