A staple chutney recipe which goes very well with Dosa or Idli.
To grind you need,
- Fresh grated Coconut – 2 cup
- Onion – 1 small
- Bird’s eye chili (Kaanthari Mulaku) – 2-4 nos (You can reduce to adjust your spice level)
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Water – 1 cup (to grind)
- Coconut Oil – 2 tsp(you could replace with refined oil)
- Sliced shallots or finely chopped onions – 1 tbsp
- Urad Dal – 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves of 1 string
You have to,
- Grind all ingrediants to a soft paste. If required add water while grinding. (Else Add the water at the end)
- Heat oil in a small wok or kadai.
- Add urad dal and mustard seeds.
- Once mustard seeds pop up, add chopped onions and saute till it turn golden brown.
- Add curry leaves
- Add the grinded paste and mix well.
- Stir it continuously it is warm
- Serve with normal Idli or Dosa or wheat dosa
Note: If you dont have Bird’s eye chilli, replace the measurement with 1 or 2 green chillies
Leave a Reply