1. Urad Dal – 1/4 cup
2. Channa Dal – 1/4 cup
3. White Sesame seeds – 1 tbsp
4. Tamarind – 1 small marble sized
5. Dry Red Chilli – 15
6. Oil – 1 tsp
7. Salt to taste
8. Curry leaves of 1 string
You have to,
1. Roast the urad dal, red chilli, channa dal, curry leaves and sesame seeds with 1 tsp oil for around 10 minutes, until you start getting the aroma.
2. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Coarsely grind the roasted mixture with salt and tamarind ball.
4. Allow to cool and store in a air tight container.
5. Try to consume this chutney powder before 30 days.
How to serve?
To prepare the chutney, take about 1-2 teaspoons of the chutney powder and add oil(1-2 tsp) to make a paste. Enjoy this with idlis or dosas. Prefer to use sesame oil or ghee.
Sprinkle 1 tsp of chutney powder after you spread the dosa batter in the hot pan.