Vayanadan kaima- 2 cups cleaned washed and drained
Onion – 1 medium sliced
cloves – 3 nos
cardamam- 2 nos
Cinnamon stick 1 inch piece – 2 nos
Mace – 1
Bay leaf – 1
Ghee – 2 tbsp + 1 tsp
Water – 4 cups
cashewnuts – 1/4 cup
raisans – 1/4 cup
You have to,
1. Boil water with salt, bay leaf and mace and keep aside.
2. Heat ghee in a deep thick bottom or non stick sauce pan in medium to low flame
3. Add cloves , cardamom and cinnamon sticks. saute for 1 min
4. Add the sliced onions and saute continuously till it turn translucent. make sure it doesnt burn.
5. Now add rice and saute for 2 min. Add water.
6. Close with a lid and cook till it is done. It should take 10-15 min. Remove it from stove
7. In a small non stick pan, 1 tsp ghee roast the cashew nuts and raisins
8. Add this to the rice and mix slowly so that the cashes spread evenly.