Now I am an expert in making samosas 🙂
1. Maida 1 cup
2. Carom seeds (ajwain) – 1/2 tsp
3. 3 tablespoons oil
4. Salt to taste
1. Potatoes – 4-5 medium cut into small cubes
2. Frozen Green peas – 1/2 cup
3. Ginger 1 inch gratted
4. Green chillies 3-4 nos
5. Oil 2 tablespoons + to deep fry
6. Cumin seeds 1 tsp
7. Red chilli powder 1 tsp
8. Dry mango powder – 1 tsp
9. Garam masala powder 1 tsp
10. Salt to taste
11. Fresh coriander leaves a few sprigs chopped
12. Cashewnuts – 1 handfull chopped fried
13. Raisans – 1/2 cup fried
1. Mix the dough ingredients.
2. Add water and knead into a stiff dough and keep for ten to fifteen minutes covered.
3. Heat two tablespoons of oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and when it starts to change colour, add ginger, green chillies, green peas and potatoes.
4. Add red chilli powder, dry mango powder, garam masala powder and salt to taste. Stir well.
6. Sprinkle water and cook covered till potatoes are done. Add cooked green peas and cook for five minutes on low heat.
7. Add chopped coriander leaves to potato mixture. Add frieds cashewnuts and raisans. When done, let the mixture cool.
8. Divide into 24 portions and shape into balls. Keep aside.
9. Divide the dough into twelve equal portions and roll them into balls.
10. Roll then and Cut into half, apply water on the edges.
11. Shape each half into a cone and stuff it with the potato and peas filling.
12. Seal the edges well and deep fry in medium hot oil till crisp and golden brown.
( To view the pictures of the above steps click here )