Though my friends say the fried rice I prepare is tasty, I wont agree. Because I know my mom prepares the best Fried rice.
- Long grain rice – 1.5 cups
- Refined Oil – 3 tablespoons
- Ginger – 2 tablespoons, chopped/grated
- Garlic – 3 tablespoons, chopped/grated
- Green chillies – 3, sliced
- French Beans – 6, sliced diagonally thinly
- Capsicum – 1/2 cup, thin long strips
- Carrot – 1 small, thin long strips
- Cabbage – 4-5 medium leaves, thin long strips
- Cauliflower – 1/2 cup, separated into small florets
- Spring onions – 1/2 cup, chopped
- Salt – to taste
- Soya sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Sugar – 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
You have to
- Cook rice till half done. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Add ginger, garlic and green chillies. Add beans, capsicum and fry it for 2-3 minutes
- Add carrot, cabbage, cauliflower, spring onions. Mix well.
- Add salt and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add soya sauce and sugar mixed in lemon juice and pepper.
- Add rice and mix it without breaking the grains.
- Cover the wok and cook for three to four minutes on low heat.
- Remove from heat and let it cook in the steam for three to four minutes before uncovering.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves.
- You can add sprouts along with the vegetables.
- You can even add scrambled eggs or and/or cooked chicken strips towards end.