When I was working in Bangalore, I used stay in a PG with North Indian friends. It was a very nice experience for me. I could improve my Hindi and yea ofcourse I learnt some north indian recipes.
Thank you Vidhi!! I have never seen any girl, who can make dishes so perfectly and easily…and it was so yum…she shared so many recipes with me, and most of them are healthy and easy to prepare. I will keep uploading those recipes whenever I prepare….
- Eggplant – 1 big
- Onion chopped – 1 medium (optional)
- Tomato – 1 big seeded and chopped
- Green chilies – 2 slit and chopped
- frozen green peas – 1/4 cup (optional)
- Cinnamon stick – 1
- black pepper – 3 to 4
- Refined Oil – 2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves – 1 bunch chopped finely
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
You have to
- Grill eggplant over the flame
- Skin it and put in a vessel of cold water.
- Peel the skin wash
- Now chop and use it
- Heat Oil in a pan in medium flame
- Add cinnamon and pepper
- After few seconds add cumin seeds and allow to splatter
- Now add Onion, green peas along with green chilies, saute till onions turn translucent
- Add tomato and dry powders, saute
- Add chopped eggplant and salt , mix well.
- cook in medium flame till oil separates.
- finish it with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot
Note: If you wish you could add Ginger garlic paste before adding tomatoes
Thanks a lot Manju!!I miss those days so much…
I too miss those days sooo much…. 🙁