Onion – 1/2 cup sliced
Oil – 1 tbsp + for deep fry
Skimmed Yogurt – 1/2 cup whisked
Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
Onion – 1/2 cup chopped
Garlic – 2 clove
Ginger – 1 tbsp chopped
Almonds – 6 nos (Actual recipe uses 1 tbsp cashew nuts)
You have to,
1. Deep fry the sliced onions and strain
2. Allow to cool for sometime.
3. Grind to a nice paste. If required add little water.
4. Mash the paneer well. Add chopped green chilli, salt, flour and mix well.
5. Form tikkis and shallow fry till both sides turn golden brown.
6. Strain and keep aside.
7. Boil chopped onions in 1/2 cup of water for 5 minutes in medium flame.
8. Now add ginger, garlic, almonds and grind this mix well to a smooth paste.
9. Heat a non stick pan and add 1 tbsp oil.
10. Add the Onion-ginger-garlic-almond paste and cook for 5-8 minutes.
11. Add in chilli powder and garam masala and cook till oil leaves the side.
12. Add beaten curd and keep stirring and all the masalas are blended well.
13. Now add the fried onion paste salt and mix well.
14. Keep stirring and cook this gravy for another 5 minutes.
15. Arrange the tikkis in a platter and pour this gravy over the tikkis.
1. I dint add the fried onion paste to the recipe. Still it tasted good
2. You can add any tikkis. Muttar aloo tikki or palak aloo tikki will taste good with this gravy.
3. Serve with roti or chappathi.