whole wheat flour – 1 cup
ghee/oil – 2 tsp
yellow moong dal – 1/4 cup
chilli powder – 1 tsp
asafoetida (hing) – 1 pinch
carom seeds – 1/2 tsp
salt to taste
Water as required
You have to
1. Wash and soak yellow moong dal for atleast 30 minutes.
2. Now strain the moong dal and mix with all the ingredients .
3. Add water little by little and knead it.(If sticky at the end, add little oil and dab over the dough ball)
4. Leave it closed for 15-30 minutes.
5. Make even sized small balls of the dough(5-7 numbers).
6. Roll one ball with a rolling pin into a round shape discs.
7. Heat the griddle and roast rolled out thepla.
8. First roast one side, turn it upside down.
9. Then put 1/4 tsp oil spread over the side and turn upside down.
10. Repeat the same with the other side.
11. When evenly roasted remove it from griddle.
12. Repeat this for all the balls.
13. Serve them hot or in room temperature with murabba or pickle or bujiya or curd.
Note:- If you are not having on the same day, fold the teplas one by one and keep it in a steel tiffin box. You can have it on next day.