- Skinned, toasted pistachios – 1/2 cup
- Butter – 110 gm
- Castor Sugar – 1 cup
- Egg – 2 nos
- Egg yolk – 1 no
- Vanilla Essence – 2 teaspoon
- All purpose flour – 1.5 cup
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – a pinch
- Milk – 1/2 cup
Preheat the oven to 180 degree celsius. Ground the pistachios and keep aside. Butter and line a 7X7 square cake tin with baking paper
Whisk flour, baking powder and salt and keep aside. In a bowl beat butter, sugar and vanilla essence until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, and mix till it is incorporated. Fold in flour mixture and milk alternately. Finally add the ground pistachio and fold in. Pour the batter into the cake tin and smooth evenly.
Bake until the cake is done (35-40 minutes). Allow to cool down completely.
- Skinned and toasted pistachios – 3/4 cup
- Water – 2 teaspoon
- Sugar – 3 tablespoon
Heat sugar and water in a saucepan in medium flame. Once it starts crystallizing, add pistachio and stir until the pistachios are caramelized.Remove from flame and allow to cool down. Coarsely ground this and store in an air tight container
- Callebaut Ruby Chocolate – 200 gm
- Cream – 100 ml
Bring cream to boil in a saucepan. Remove the pan from fire and add in chocolate.Whisk till the chocolate melts.Surface wrap and leave it to rest overnight
Whipped Ruby Ganache
- Chilled Cream – 150 ml
- Ruby ganache – 1/2 cup
In a chilled steel bowl, whip the chilled cream till stiff peaks are formedIn another bowl whisk ganache and add in the cream. Whisk to incorporate well.Keep it chilled
Callebaut Ruby Chocolate – 200 gram
Melt and temper Ruby chocolate. Keep aside till ready to use. Note:- Do this once the cake is ready
- Horizontally slide the cake into 2 halves
- Spread a thin layer of ganache on a side.
- Sprinkle the coarsely grounded pistachios.
- Place the 2nd cake layer on top.
- Chill the sandwiched cake till firm.
- Cut this into bite sized squares
- Pour the melted chocolate over pieces
- Allow the petit cakes to set for a while
- Pipe the whipped ruby ganache on top
- Garnish the cake with pistachios and crumbs