Goodness in disguise..On a busy working day morning I realized there is no enough ingredients to prepare thalipeeth. The previous night I went to sleep dreaming of a delicious thalipeeth which I am going to prepare using zucchini which I bought from the Organic farm in Qatar. I was lost when I found there is no rice and chickpea flour at home. Then I found half packet of beaten rice, which actually saved me.
I decided to alter the recipe and the verdict was soft and tasty zucchini poha. Poha is a snack or breakfast made with beaten rice. I have posted a recipe before. You could find the recipe here
This recipe serves 3 to 4 persons
- Marrow zucchini grated – 1.5 cup ( Don’t discard the juices)
- Beaten rice (White or Red) – 4 cups , powder it in a grinder
- Curd/Yogurt – 1/4 cup
- Sesame seeds – 1 tbsp
- Green chili – 1, finely chopped
- Turmeric – 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander leaves – 3 tbsp, chopped roughly
- Salt to taste
- Onion – 1 medium, finely chopped
- Refined oil – 1 tbsp
- Dry red chili – 1, broken into 2 pieces
You have to
- Take a large deep bowl
- Add all the ingredients except the ingredients mentioned under tempering.
- Mix mixture well for a while using your fingers (You could use a spoon as well) till it is blended well. You may not require to add any water as the curd and zucchini juice will help.
This pic was clicked before adding turmeric
- Heat oil in heavy bottom pan in medium flame to high flame.
- Add the red chili, onion and saute till it the onion turn translucent
- Add the zucchini and beaten rice mixture to the pan.
- Stir fry till the whole mixture is heated well. 3-4 minutes maximum
- Remove from flame and serve hot or warm or in room temperature
You could replace the sesame seeds with 1/4 cup peanuts. But use while frying the onions.
Karthika Muraleedharan says
Looks yummi must trt