Raagi Mudde, is the staple food in Karnataka (a southern state of India). They normally serve Mudde with a gravy (saaru). A leafy vegetable gravy or a non-veg gravy. I was told by my friend that it tastes good with a mutton curry. So I prepared this with a mutton curry..
- Ragi (Raagi) /Finger millet flour – 1 cup
- Desi Ghee/ Oil – 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
You have to
- Mix 1 tbsp of finger millet flour in 1.5 cups of water
- Add 2 tsp oil and salt to the mixture.
- Heat the mixture in a bottom thick pan and bring it to boil.
- Add the rest of the finger millet flour flour, stirring continuously so that no lumps are formed.
- Close and cook on low heat for about 1-2 mins.
- Remove from stove leave it closed for another 5 minutes
- Wet your hands and make finger millet flour balls of desired size and shape you like while it is still hot.
- Serve with veg or non veg gravy.