A simple and quick meal which is perfect for your lunch box to take it to office or even for a long travel . You could use some left over rice to prepare this. The beauty of this recipe is the amount of cabbage which goes in.
Other than the stir fries, coleslaw and fried rice or stuffed cabbage paratha, I hardly use cabbage for any other recipe.
I could never find a small cabbage till date which will be just enough for single serving for two people. I end up leaving the half portion refrigerated. When I came across this recipe, I was so happy as I already had the left over half in in the refrigerator. I tried the same day and it turned out so good.
So made it again…
- Cooked Rice (I used Basmati) – 3 cups
- Cabbage, sliced and chopped – 3 cups
- Refined Oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Dry Red chili – 1 no
- Raw Peanuts – 2 tbsp
- Curry Leaves of 1 spring
- Asafoetida or Hing – 1 pinch
- Garlic – 2 clove, chopped
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Red Chillipowder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Lemon Juice, freshly squeeezed – 2 teaspoon
- chopped coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- Heat oil in a wok or pan in medium flame
- Add peanuts fry till it gets light brown color.
- Strain and remove peanuts in to separate bowl.
- Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds
- Once the mustard pops up.
- Add pinch of hing, curry leaves chopped garlic
- Once the garlic color changes add spice powders (Red chili powder, Coriander powder)
- Saute till the raw smell disappears.
- Now add cabbage, salt and turmeric. Give a mix and cover and cook in medium to low flame for 5 minutes.
- Uncover and add the cooked rice and fresh lemon juice
- mix without breaking rice, Cover and cook for 5 mts on lower heat.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves and peanuts.
Sit back and enjoy this nutty and tangy rice meal.
Recipe inspiration is from here
Leave a Reply