I could never find a small cabbage till date which will be just enough for single serving for two people. I end up leaving the half portion refrigerated. When I came across this recipe, I was so happy as I already had the left over half in in the refrigerator. I tried the same day and it turned out so good.
So made it again…
- Cooked Rice (I used Basmati) – 3 cups
- Cabbage, sliced and chopped – 3 cups
- Refined Oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Dry Red chili – 1 no
- Raw Peanuts – 2 tbsp
- Curry Leaves of 1 spring
- Asafoetida or Hing – 1 pinch
- Garlic – 2 clove, chopped
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Red Chillipowder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Lemon Juice, freshly squeeezed – 2 teaspoon
- chopped coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- Heat oil in a wok or pan in medium flame
- Add peanuts fry till it gets light brown color.
- Strain and remove peanuts in to separate bowl.
- Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds
- Once the mustard pops up.
- Add pinch of hing, curry leaves chopped garlic
- Once the garlic color changes add spice powders (Red chili powder, Coriander powder)
- Saute till the raw smell disappears.
- Now add cabbage, salt and turmeric. Give a mix and cover and cook in medium to low flame for 5 minutes.
- Uncover and add the cooked rice and fresh lemon juice
- mix without breaking rice, Cover and cook for 5 mts on lower heat.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves and peanuts.
Sit back and enjoy this nutty and tangy rice meal.
Recipe inspiration is from here