When you hear Tikki , the first ingredient which come in mind is potato. Mashed potato is a mandatory ingredient and it acts as a binding agent in tikkies. But in this recipe I am using Oats for that purpose. Thanks to Food Food channel. I saw Chef Vikas preparing Tikki using masala oats..
To be honest I don’t remember the ingredients Chef added in recipe. So I decided to use some masalas and the only vegetable I had at home, which was a Broccoli.
As you all know broccoli is very high in protein and I just love any green goodness. Several people have it in salads and stir fries. And some even have it steamed.
For this recipe you need
Broccoli – 1 small size, grated (approx. 3 cups)
- Oats – 1 cup
- Refined oil – 1 tbsp.
- Onion – 1 small finely chopped
- Green chili – 2 finely chopped
- Ginger, finely chopped – 1 tbsp.
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsps.
- Chat masala – 1 pinch
- Garam masala – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cashews – 5 , dry roasted and chopped
- Salt to taste
You have to,
Clean and wash the broccoli. Grate the florets in a bowl and keep aside
- Heat oil in a pan on a medium to low flame
- Add cumin seeds followed by onions, ginger and green chilies
- Once it start turning translucent add the grated broccoli and sauté for approx. 2 minutes
- Add oats, chat masala, garam masala, salt, toasted cashew nuts and stir just to blend well
- Remove flame and leave it aside for 5-10 minutes closed
- By this time the oats will absorb all the flavors and heat it will turn soft in that steam
- Once the mixture is warm enough to touch, divide them into 12 – 15 equal portions.
- Shape each portion into round patties
- Now heat the griddle and grease little oil.
- Cook each tikki on a slow flame till the sides turn golden brown. Flip in between.
- Serve with tomato sauce
A healthy snack.. 🙂
Leave a Reply