- Digestive biscuit (Or graham crackers) – 150 grams, crumbs
- Sugar – 3 tbsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Butter – 100 grams
- Lime/Lemon zest – 1.5 tbsp
- Condensed milk – 1 can (I used milkmaid)
- Freshly squeezed lime/lemon juice – 2/3 cups
- Egg yolks – 4
- Whipping cream – 200 ml
- Honey – 1 tbsp
You have to,
Preheat the oven to 170 deg C
- Combine biscuit crumbs, sugar and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add melted butter and stir the butter is blended well
- Press crumbs into the bottom and sides of the pan
- Bake crust for about 10 minutes. (make sure the crust doesn’t burn.)
- Remove from the oven and keep out (Leave the oven on)
For the filling,
- Beat zest and egg yolks with an electric mixer
- It should become pale and thick
- Now add sweetened condensed milk and beat till it form a thick batter
- Add in the lemon juice and whisk gently until combined.
- Pour this over crust
- Bake this pie for another 10 minutes (Don’t allow the filling to turn brown color on top)
- Remove pan from oven and allow the pie to cool down completely. You could leave it out over night or refrigerate for 30 minutes before adding the topping)
For the topping
- In a medium bowl, add really chilled cream and honey
- Whisk the cream till soft peaks are formed.
- Spread over top of chilled pie.
- Chill it for at least 2 hours before cutting them into small squares..
You will taste a burst of refreshing and tangy flavor of fresh lime…You will love this!!!
- Try to line the pan with a parchment paper, which will make it easy to transfer this to a cutting board, And you dont have to harm your pan
- The recipe suggested to use a 9 inch pie dish, but i preferred to I used a rectangular Swiss roll tin. That way I could make tiny square of it..