Several years back I was doing a part time job as Machine Room Coordinator in NIIT. During break time we coordinators and the faculties have lunch together. A lunch box which always tempted me was of D ma’am. And that is when she gets errishery (pumpkin green gram stew) or cucumber sandwich. Both are my favorite.
The cucumber sandwich is a very simple recipe. Buttered bread are topped with thinly sliced cucumber and a sprinkle of black pepper powder…And close with another slice and then cut edges… Isn’t that simple. I just love it
Few days back I read a recipe in good food magazine.. It reminded me of ma’am’s sandwich recipe. And thought of trying this preparation.
- Fresh mint leaves – 1 cup, very finely chopped
- Salad cucumber – 1 thinly sliced
- Cream cheese – 200 gm, softened in room temperature
- White or Brown sandwich bread slices – 12 slices
- Pepper powder – as required ( I used generously over each layer)
You have to,
- Whisk cheese and mint leaves. (You could wish with hand whisker or hand blender)
- Spread a thin layer of cheese on 8 slices
- Layer cucumber slices on each of them
- Sprinkle pepper on top of cucumber on all 8 slices
- Layer up 2 slices of cucumber topped bread.
- Cover with plain slice. Do the same with other slices which makes a total 4 tripple decker sandwiches
- Using a serrated knife, cut all the 4 edges
- Cut each diagonally or vertically or into 4 squares
- This makes a perfect sandwich for tea party or for your snack box.
Just in case if you have leftover cheese mint spread, refrigerate it. But consume with in 2 day making more sandwiches
Leave a Reply