A breakfast smoothie!!!
- Low/full fat milk – 1/2 cup + 1 cup chilled
- Oats – 3 tbsp
- Water – 1.5 cup
- salt a tiny pinch
- Cinnamon powder – 1 tsp (optional)
- Sugar/Honey – 1 tbsp
- Fresh Strawberries – 6 to 8 washed and removed top
You have to,
- Heat water in a pan and add salt
- Add the oats and cook for approx 3 minutes.
- One it is cooked and start thickening add sugar/honey, cinnamon powder and 1/2 cup milk
- Once boiled remove from fire
- Allow to cool down
- Put the oats mixture and strawberries in a blender container
- Blend with blender wand until smooth.
- Add the chilled milk and repeat the process.
- Transfer it to two tall glasses.
- Serve immediately or chilled
- You could prepare oats in the night and leave in fridge.And make this smoothie in the morning.
- You could even use a left over oats porridge
- You can use frozen strawberries
Leave a Reply