An easy preparation of pilaf….And it is delicious
- Long grain white rice – 1 cup (washed gently and soaked )
- Grated ginger – 1 tbsp
- Frozen Green peas- 1/3 cup
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Water – 2.5 cup
- Refined Oil – 1 tbsp
- Ghee/butter – 1 tsp
- Chopped coriander leaves – 3 tbsp
- Green Chili sliced- 1 or 2 sliced
- Salt to taste
You have to
- Heat a heavy bottom vessel.
- Add refined oil
- Add cumin seeds and allow to crackle.
- Add ginger and saute for 2 min.
- Add green peas and saute for another 2 min
- Now add rice and saute very gently without breaking the grains
- Now add salt and water.
- Increase the flame to high
- Once it boils reduce the flame to medium and cook till the rice is done and water is absorbed. (10 minutes maximum)
- Add ghee and chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix gently to blend coriander leaves well
- Serve rice hot with raita and a pickle
Notes: You could add vegetables as well. I have prepared it before. Click here
Leave a Reply