An effort less ghee rice. I have posted the recipe of ghee rice before (post 1, post 2). But this is a super easy recipe
- Vayanadan kaima- 1 cup cleaned washed and drained ((If you are using basmathi rice, soak for 15 minutes to half an hour. )
- Water – 2 cups + 1/4 cup
- Turmeric – 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- All ingredients except ghee in a cooker pan and heat on a medium flame
- Close the the cooker with the lid and place the weight
- In medium flame let it cook for 2 whistles.
- Remove from flame.
- Once the pressure is gone, remove the lid and add the ghee and mix well
- Serve with a stew or any gravy
Leave a Reply