Peanut butter and banana sandwich has been referred as the favorite sandwich of Elvis Presley. This is not the original recipe. It just has most of the ingredients. And I have read that the amount of butter which goes into the original recipe is approximately 200 grams of butter.
For me all these ingredients make it a sweet and warm breakfast idea
- Brown/White sandwich bread – 2 big slices
- Creamy peanut butter – 1 to 2 tablespoon
- Ripe banana – 1 big or 2 small, sliced thinly or mashed
- Honey – 1 teaspoon (optional)
- Butter = 1 tsp (If you are not so much bothered about the calories you can use upto 1 to 2 tablespoon)
- Icing/Powdered sugar – 1 tbsp for dusting
- Spread all the peanut butter evenly on 1 slice of bread
- Then spread sliced/mashed banana on over it
- Drizzle honey on top of it
- Close sandwich with the other slice and gently pressing bread slices
- Now spread 1/2 teaspoon of butter on top of it
- Heat a griddle or pan over medium heat
- Place the butter side of the sandwich on the pan
- Toast one side at least for 2 minutes until that side is golden brown
- Before flipping apply rest of the butter on top of the sandwich
- Flip and grill the other side till golden brown
- Remove from pan and slice diagonally
- Place on a serving plate and dust with sugar.
- Serve warm
Sneha Pradeep says
This is looking so yum….