I am pretty happy to make this cake. It is oil free and fat free. In short a guilt free recipe…
- Refined flour – 1 cup
- Baking soda – 1/2 teaspoon
- Baking powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Egg – 1
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Ripe bananas – 2 large ( this should give approx 2 to 3 cups mashed banana)
- Vanilla seeds of 1 pod or 1 teaspoon essence/extract
- Cinnamon powder – 1 teaspoon
- Ripe plums -7 large pitted, cut into 4 wedges
You have to,
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Butter 9 inch diameter spring form tin and keep aside
- Mix 1 tbsp sugar (you can take this from the 1/2 cup sugar) and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl and keep aside
- In a bowl combine flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- In another large bowl cream together egg and sugar.
- Add in mashed bananas, vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder. Stir well
- Fold in the flour mixture until just combined.
- Spread the batter in a baking tin.
- Press plum wedges halfway into batter in circles,slightly apart.
10. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mix over plums.
11. Bake until cake is browned on top and tester inserted into center comes out clean. About 30- 40 minutes.
13. Remove from over and run a knife or butter spoon around cake to release tin sides. Now remove the ring.
14. Slice and serve cake warm or at room temperature.
Best is to serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream..Bliss..Just loved it ♥ ♥ ♥
Leave a Reply