I happened to have this in my PG when my friend and PG made V made this. I would say it is a wonderful snack. It is spicy, salty, sweet and sour. The best part is, to chew the tiny sago which is moving in our mouth. It is fun. Thanks to V. I have prepared this recipe several times. Each time it becomes better.
Big Sabudana / Tapioca Pearls/ sago – 1 cup
You can wash this 2-3 times in a colander. Take a flat plate or vessel and transfer the sago. Add 1/4 cup of water and soak for 1 hour to 1-1/2 hours. It will be expand and become like below.
Potato – 1 medium boiled, peeled and cut into small cubes
Oil/Ghee – 4 tbsp
Green chili – 2 nos
Peanuts without skin- 1/3 cup roasted and coarsely pounded
Sugar – 1 tsp
Pepper – 1 tsp
Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves for garnishing
You have to,
1. Take a bowl and add the soaked sago, potato, peanuts, pepper and salt and mix well.
2. Heat ghee in a kadai/wok/non-stick pan in medium to high flame.
3. Add green chili and saute till light brown
4. Add the sago mix and saute well for 1-2 minutes till add sides are fried.
5. Add sugar and lemon juice and mix well.
6. Garnish with coriander leaves and remove from fire.
7. Serve hot with curd 🙂
1. You can reduce the pepper powder according to your spice level.
2. There are lot of chances it can get stick together. Make sure the heat is medium to high and you should stir frying
Thanks for the Khichadi recipe. This is my favourite dish too. Any time I am ready to eat. I will try to make like you mentioned above.
Keep it up.
Manjooo M says
thank you anonymous..do let me know… 🙂