Big prawns or shrimps – 350 gms (approx 20 nos) veined, cleaned and washed
For saute and grind
Onion – 1 medium sliced
Roasted grated coconut – 1/2 cup (I always have this bottled)
Garlic – 2 cloves sliced
Cloves – 4
Cinnamon stick – 1 inch stick
Cardamom – 2
fennel seeds – 1 tsp
Corriander seeds – 1-1/2 tsp
Coconut oil – 1 tbsp
onion – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
red chilly powder – 1 tsp
Gambooge – 2 pieces cleaned and washed
Salt to taste
Coconut oil – 2 tbsp
Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
For saute and grind you need to
1. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a clay pot.
2. Add sliced onion. Stir for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add add in the sliced garlic cloves and rest of the spices except coconut
4. Once the onion is brown, add the coconut and saute well.
5. Let it cool down
6. Grind everything with half cup of warm water to make a fine paste. Keep closed
1. Heat remaining oil in a clay pot
2. Add chopped onion and stir till it becomes soft and translucent.
3. Add turmeric powder and red chilly powder.
4. Add onion-coconut paste and stir for 2-3 minutes. Add shrimps and salt.
5. Add 1/2 cup of water and cover saucepan with a lid
6. Let it cook for 5-10 minutes.
7. Add Gambooge and boil for another 2 minutes.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves
It is very tasty and goes very well with rice or roti