1. Beef – 500 gm cut into small pieces cleaned, washed and drained.
2. Chili powder – 2 tsp
3. Coriander powder – 3 tsp
4. Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
5. Onion – 2 medium sized, quartered and sliced
6. Ginger & garlic – 2 tsp, each crushed and chopped finely
7. Pepper powder coarsely grounded – 1 tsp (or less, according to your spice level)
8. Coconut oil – 3 tbsp + a bit more if required while frying
10. Curry leaves of 2 springs
To roast and grind
Fresh grated coconut – 3/4 cup
Whole black pepper – ½ tsp
Fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp
Fenugreek seeds – ¼ tsp
Cardamom – 4
Cloves – 5
Cinnamon – a small piece
Shallots – 10 sliced
You have to
1. Heat a nonstick pan in medium flame
2. Roast the ingredients (listed separately above) till coconut becomes golden brown
3. Allow to cool down and grind it to a fine powder. Don’t add water
4. Marinate the cleaned beef with chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, chopped onion, ginger, garlic,curry leaves and salt. Leave it closed for 15 minutes at least
5. Now add 1/4 cup water to this and pressure cook till beef is done. (4-5 whistles should do).
6. Once cooked if water there heat till it is fully absorbed
7. Now heat oil in a pan and add the cooked beef, stir fry 4-5 mins.
8. Add the ground masala. Add curry leaves and mix well.
9. Cook till the beef is roasted well.
10. Add in pepper powder stir fry for another 2-3 minutes
Serve hot with Appam or pathiri
Helen Prabha says
Just finished my dinner now..now i am feeling hungry again…seriously drooling here…
Wow. This looks so yummy 🙂
Join EP event-Nutmeg OR Parsley @ Chef Mireille's Global Creations
Maha Gadde says
yummmmmy and very tempting..nice cliks
shinu prakash says
Chechi i hd also prepared this recipe from mariasmenu 3mnths bck in pangode…..nd it really taste very gud…nd u r rite…. i end up makng this again nd again….happy to see ur blog…:-)