1. whole crabs/ njandu – 6 nums cleaned and washed
2. onion – 1/2 portion of a medium sized chopped
3. ginger chopped – 1 tbsp
4. garlic – 4 cloves chopped finely
5. green chili – 2 slit
6. tomato – 2 medium seeded and chopped
7. curry leaves of 2 springs
8. chili powder – 2 tsp
9. turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
10. coriander powder – 1 tsp
11. salt as required
12. coconut oil – 2 tbsp
13. coriander leaves chopped – 3 tbsp
14. tamarind pulp of 1 lemon sized ball soaked in 1 cup of water squeezed and drained
15. Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
16. Fenugreek seeds – 10 nos
1. Heat oil in a clay pan
2. Add fenugreek seeds followed by mustard seeds
3. Allow to pop up. Add curry leaves and saute
4. Add onions, green chillies and saute till onions turn transulcent
5. Add ginger garlic. saute for another till the raw smell disappears
6. Add chilli powder, corriander powder and turmeric.saute for 10 sec
7. Add 1/2 cup of water
8. allow it to boil nicely and the oil starts seperating.
7. Now add the tomatos. and tamarind juice.
8. once it boils add salt. stir.
9. Now add the crabs cover and cook till the white shell’s color turns orange. (This is when the crab is cooked)
10. Add the chopped corriander leave stir. remove from fire
11. Serve this with ghee rice. That is the best combination
Sending this recipe to the following events.
Hi Manjoo ,
Curry looks Excellent :))
Had collect your sunshine award from
looks absolutely yummm & inviting..
Oh My God drooling over ur crab curry… Simply delicious…. First time here n just love ur space.. When u get time do visit mine..
Event: Dish name starts with N
yummy yum.. i love crab curry..
Renjith Viswanath says
i tried it
Its really awesome!!!!
sherif aniyaram says
Dear Sanju Bhai
I am interesting for cooking…Nadan njandu curry really Tasty and Excellent…all the best,,,
Fenugreek and Tamarind in Crab Curry!