There are lot many recipes. I am sharing one recipe from the Moplah Cuisine.
Shrimps/Prawns – 500 gm
green chillies – 4 slit
Shallots – 6 sliced
Garlic clove – 6 nos sliced thinly
Kashmiri Chilli powder – 3 to 4 tsp
turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
tomato – 1/2 cup seeded and chopped
Curry leaves of 2 springs
Black mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
methi seeds – 10 seeds
Coconut oil – 2 tbsp
tamarind juice of 1 lime size tamarind ball soaked in 1 cup of warm water and squeezed and strained
You have to,
1. Heat oil in a clay pot
2. add mustard seeds and allow to pop up.
3. add methi seeds and curry leaves.
4. Add green chilli, onion, garlic and fry for sometime till the onions turns translucent
5. Add chilli powder and turmeric powder and fry
6. Now add 1/4 cup of water and saute till oil seperates.
7. add tomatoes and the tamarind juice.
8. Allow to boil. Add salt and shrimps.
10. Cook it for maximum 10 minutes(if those are large in size. Else it should be done in 6-8 minutes).
11. Remove from fire and garnish with coriander leaves.
Best combination is ghee rice or puttu.