1. 2 eggs – boiled shelled
2. Potato – 1 big skinned and cubed
3. Onion – 1 big chopped
4. Tomato – 1 small sliced
6. Green chilli – 1 slit
7. Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
8. Oil – 2 tsp
9. salt to taste
10. Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
11. Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
For coconut paste
1. Fresh Coconut grated – 1/2 cup
2. Jeera/cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
3. ginger chopped – 1/2 tsp
4. turmeric – 1/4 tsp
5. Perrumjeerakam/fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp
You have to,
1. Heat oil in a wok or kadai
2. Add mustard seeds and allow to pop up
3. Add onions, curry leaves and salt
4. Once it turns translucent add red chilli powder and coriander powder
5. Allow the raw smell to disappear. Add the potato cubes
6. Add 1/2 cup of water, and allow to boil. Add tomatoes and green chilli
7. Close and half cook the potatoes (2-3 minutes).
8. Now open the lid and add the coconut paste along with 1/4 cup water.Add eggs.
9. Close with a lid. reduce the flame to medium to low.
10. Cook till the gravy started thickens and the potatoes are cooked
11. Serve hot with rice 🙂
Jasna Varcakovic says
I wish I could try it …good on your mum!
Only Fish Recipes says
hmmm…delicious egg curry dear !!!
so totally impressive…I am all over the recipe..
very yummy… new to here n love ur space… when u get time, do visit my place….
Dish Name Starts With L
Amma's dish is a definite must have. Looks delicious and I love the combination. Thanx for sharing..!
I'm Punitha from
First time here.
At your free time do visit my blog:)
Very nice recipe and Sounds well…