Mascarpone cheese – 500 gm
Heavy cream/Whipping cream – 1 cup
Semi-sweet dark chocolate chips or small chunks – 1/2 cup
Strong espresso coffee – 2 cups
sponge fingers or a sponge cake – 30 to 40 sponge fingers or a 10″ sponge cake
Caster sugar – 1/4 cup
chocolate shavings or powder for garnish
You have to,
1. Make the espresso and chill
2. Melt the chocolate with 1/2 cup cream over a double boiler. Now allow to cool down in room temperature.
3. Whip the remaining 1/2 cup cream until stiff.
4. Soften the mascarpone with the castor sugar using a wooden spoon until just mixed. Do not over whisk . Fold the whipped cream into the cheese mixture. Chill for approx 15-20 min or until firm.
5. If using a sponge cake, cut into 3 layers or equal height. each layers will be spread with chocolate ganache and cheese mixture
6. For sponge fingers, Lay a layer of 10-12 sponge fingers into a glass dish or bowl
7. spoon about 1/3 of the espresso over the fingers to soak.
8. Spread 1/3 of the chocolate ganache over the cake and then spread 1/3 of the mascarpone mixture over. Repeat and end with a layer of mascarpone.
7. Sieve a thick or thin layer of grated chocolate or chocolate powder over the tiramisu or simply garnish with chocolate thick shavings.
8. Chill overnight or at least 12 hours.
9. Slice and serve