Made this for dinner tonight.
For tomato soup
1. Tomato – 8-10 nos medium sized
2. Onion – 1 medium sliced
3. Garlic clove – 2 peeled and chopped
4. carrot – 1 sliced
5. Bay leaf – 1
6. clove – 1
7. peppercorn – 4 to 5
8. Sugar – 1 tsp
9. Peppercorns freshly crushed 1/2 tsp (if you like more spicy you could increase the quantity)
10. Oil – 2 tsp
You have to,
1. Wash and cut tomatoes into quarters.
2. Heat oil in a pan
3. add bay leaf, peppercorn, sliced onions and saute till onions turns translucent.
4. Add the chopped garlic, carrots and tomatoes.
5. Saute fry for a minute and add 2 cups of water.
6. Once it boils cover and cook in medium flame for 10-15 min.
7. Strain. Reserve the liquid.
8. Remove clove, peppercorns and bay leaf from the residue
9. Once the residue is cold enough blend well in a mixer to get a smooth puree.
10. Now again pass it through a strainer.
11. Add the liquid we reserved in the beginning to this puree.
12. Put this back on heat.
13. Season with salt, freshly crushed peppercorns ,sugar
14. Allow it simmer for some more time to reach the consistency you prefer.
15. Serve with toasted garlic bread
Garlic bread using brown bread slices
1. Brown bread slices – 10 to 12
2. Light butter(low fat) – 1 stick (100 gm) unsalted, softened
3. Garlic clove – 2 nos peeled roasted in a dry pan till the skin color is changed and later minsed
4. Parsley leaves – 1 tbsp chopped finely
1. Preheat the oven to 180 deg Celsius
2. Mix butter, minced garlic and parsley leaves in a bowl
3. Spread a very thin layer of seasoned butter over the slices.
4. Place it in a pan and heat in the oven for 5-7 minutes flipping once in between
5. Remove from oven and slice.
6. Serve with soup or consume as it is
You could refrigerate the rest of the seasoned butter in a closed container.
Inspiration : Sanjeev Kapoor