Frozen 9 inch pie crust – 1
Olive/refined oil – 1 tbsp
Onion – 1 sliced
boneless chicken cooked with salt and shredded – 3/4 cup
Brocoli florets – 1/2 cup
Salt and freshly ground pepper
Milk – 1/2 cup
Heavy cream – 1/2 cup (you could replace this with milk)
Eggs – 1 yolk and 3 whites
garlic – 1 clove
nutmeg powder – a pinch
parmesan cheese grated – 1/2 to 1 cup(As your desire)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg cel
2. Thaw the pie crust for 15 minutes
3. Now line base and corners of pie crust with an aluminium foil
4. Fill 3/4th of the pie crust with dry chick peas or dry red kidney beans evenly to cover the base.
5. Bake for 10 minutes.
6. Remove the foil . Poke the bottom of the pie pan with the fork and return to oven and bake an additional 10 minutes or until lightly golden.
7. Remove and keep it in a wire rack
1. While the pie is getting baked, you can prepare the filling
2. Heat oil in a pan in medium flame.
3. Add chopped garlic, onions followed by chicken and brocoli. Saute.
4. Add in salt and pepper as per your taste. Cook for 5-10 minutes
5. In a bowl beat egg and add in milk , cream and mix well and keep aside.
6. Add nutmeg powder and mix. if required you can add a pinch of pepper and salt to taste
To Assemble and bake
1. Place pie crust on a baking sheet/tray
2. Sprinkle half the cheese evenly over the bottom of the crust.
3. Spread chicken over the cheese and then top with remaining cheese.
4. Add the milk cream egg mixture over the cheese.
5. Transfer to oven, and bake for around 30 to 35 minutes. (Until set in the middle)
6. Cool it on a wire rack for about 10-15 minutes before slicing.