1. Large Eggs – 1 nos
2. Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
You have to
1. Take a pan. Fill with 1/3 of water. Add salt and bring to boil
2. Turn down to simmer.
3. Crack the egg in a small bowl
4. You can make it using 3 ways.
b. No need to make the whirlpool. directly slip in the egg to the simmering water. Through this method you can poach more than 1 egg in the same pan.
c. If you have a biscuit cutter. Put that in at step 1 itself. Slip in the egg gently inside the cookie cutter.
5. Cover with a lid and switch off the fire. Leave it closed for 4 minutes
6. Using a slotted spoon remove the poached egg carefully and drain.
7. Serve immediately seasoned with pepper.
Note: You could add 1 tsp of vinegar to the boiling water (I dint add)
I remember my mom used to make a kinda poached egg curry. What she does is when the gravy is boiling in the pan, she cracks the eggs in pan without touching each other of the pan. In 3-4 minutes the eggs will be cooked. Isn’t this easy. 🙂