Let me share the recipe 🙂
1. Rice flour – 1 cup
2. Coconut milk – 1 cup
3. Salt – half a pinch
4. Sugar – 1/4 cup
5. Egg – 1 beaten
You have to,
1. Beat sugar and egg well and keep aside
2. Bring coconut milk to boil in a bottom thick pan. Remove the pan from flame
3. Add in salt followed by the rice powder and beaten egg.
4. Mix well with a wooden spoon till it is blend well.
5. Leave it closed for 5-10 minutes.
6. When the dough is warm enough to touch kneed well to form a soft dough ( add up to 1/8 cup if required.)
7. Now make small even balls of the size of a gooseberries.
8. If you have stem of the banana leaf. Please take one piece of it.
9. slice a small part from the top.
10. Place one rice ball on top of the cut portion
11. Using your finger press the rice ball.
12. Keep aside. repeat the same with all the rice balls. You can see the impression of the stem on one side of each rice ball 😀
13. Deep fry these rice balls till golden brown in several batches
14. Allow to cool completely. Store in a airtight container.
Hmm…It does has the shape of Kavadi 🙂
1. If you dont have the stem. You can make this impression using a fork. Place the rice ball on top of the fork and press gently. The impression will be formed in one side.
2. You can exclude egg, only this is the it will be a bit hard. Still it tastes good.
Kavadi astrology is sea shell fortune telling…I could find only these pics of it… 🙂