1. Rice flour (Idiyappam or Pathiri) – 2 cups
2. Water – 2 cups
3. Salt to taste
4. Fresh coconut milk – 1 cup( Medium thickness )
5. Oil to dab the dough
You have to,
1. Boil water, salt in a pan in medium flame.
2. When it starts boiling reduce the flame to low and add rice powder little by little .
4. Stir it. Keep it on fire till all the water is absorbed by the rice powder.
5. Remove from fire. Close and keep it for 5-10 minutes
6. Kneed this mix to form a soft dough. Make small small balls (marble shaped or lemon sized)
7. Thinly flatten all the dough balls .
( Dust the dough with rice flour and flatten the rice dough in a wooden board using rolling pin. Or use a pathiri/chappathi maker ro flaten the dough balls. Repeat this with all the dough balls. Make sure to dust in between the flattened pathiris so that it wont stick)
8. Heat a non stick pan & cook the flattened pathiri till both sides are done. It will puff up.
9. Make sure to cook on a medium flame on both sides and it will not turn light brown (It just takes 15-20 seconds for each side too cook)
10. Repeat the same with the remaining ones
11. Just before serving dip the pathiri in the coconut milk and remove and keep it on a plate.Or just apply little coconut milk on one side of each pathiri.
12. Serve with chicken curry or mutton curry or Egg curry
This is another version of Ari pathiri which I prepared few days back. Click the picture below to read the recipe