My mom prepares a vegetarian version of this recipe. Instead for non-veg filling she added coriander leaves chutney. It was yummy…Will make it it once…
I am not very sure about the exact ingredients she used. But this recipe tasted nice. It is filling 🙂
- Minced Meat – 1/2 kg
- Boiled and mashed potato – 5 medium sized
- Onions – big chopped finely
- Green chilli – 2 finely chopped
- Ginger chopped – 2 tbsp chopped
- Garlic – 2 tbsp chopped
- Garam masala – 1/2 tbsp
- Pepper powder – 1 tbsp
- Chopped coriander leaves – 1/4 cup
- Oil – for deep/shallow fry + 2 tbsp
- Bread crumbs – 1 cup
- Egg – 1 large
1. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan.
2. Add chopped onion, green chilies
3. Once it turns pink, add ginger and garlic. saute it
4. Add minced meat, pepper ,coriander leaves and salt mix well till it is cooked(it takes hardly 10 min) .
5. Allow to cool
6. Divide the mashed potato to 12 – 18 portions
7. Do the same with the minced meat as well
8. Take one portion of mashed potato, flatten it on your palm.
9. Keep the one portion of the meat filling inside the flatten potato and roll to form a small ball
10 repeat the same with the remaining portions.
11. Beat the egg in a bowl
12. Dip this ball and roll it on bread crumbs.
13. Heat oil in a wok (better to use a small wok, so that you can use less oil and fry one by one)
14. Deep fry the balls till golden brown.
15. Serve with Tomato sauce 🙂
LJ named it “Bomb” :)…and LK named it “foot ball” 😛
For the outer covering:
1. Heat 1 tbsp oil
2. Add 1/2 onion chopped and saute till it turn translucent
3. Now about 1/4 cup finely chopped coriander leaves followed by mashed potato with salt.
4. Mix well. the mix is ready.
This is how my mom makes outer covering
Now a tip by Kavitha : You could even season it with 1 tsp freshly ground pepper powder